Where To Buy Tickets for Mark Six
"Where and how to buy a Mark Six lottery ticket online" is a query many Hongkongers ask when they long to wager on this casino option. Here's a piece of fantastic news – there are several reliable ways to do so.
For starters, gamblers can obtain their online lottery ticket from Happy Valley and Sha Tin racecourses. Punters who can't make it to these two locations are free to visit any of HKJC's off-course betting branches, but it's worth noting that their opening hours depend on if there's a football scheduled on the same day. Alternatively, one can purchase Mark Six tickets online or by telephone.
A standard Mark Six entry is priced at HK$10, and punters are also permitted to make partial investments of HK$5. One must buy their ticket before 9:15 pm on the days when draws are set to happen, usually on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The draw is pushed to Sunday if there's a horse race on the latter.
The Short History of Mark Six
The Hong Kong Jockey Club launched Mark Six in the first week of September 1975, hoping to do away with the increasing illegal prize draws at the time. However, many punters were taken with this game because it presented an opportunity to earn quick cash.
For instance, the first Mark Six draw had a jackpot of HK$120,000, enough to purchase an apartment in some of Hong Kong's urban areas in the late 1970s. However, within a short time, gamblers realized the chances of winning the game were slim, so they bet on it for amusement.
Initially, Mark Six came with a 6-out-of-14 format, which was changed to a 6-out-of-36 drawing in 1976. Today, it boasts a 6-out-of-49 format that has been effective since 2002
Is Mark Six Legal?
Yes, Mark Six lottery is authorized by the Gambling Ordinance (Cap. 148) in Hong Kong. However, it's only legal for players aged 18 and above; these individuals can bet on it online or at physical gambling establishments where its wagers are accepted.
It's mentionable that tourists can also bet on Mark Six when in Hong Kong, but not when they are outside the region. But, again, this lottery game is among the few lawful gambling forms in the latter. So punters shouldn't confuse its legality with other prohibited options, such as offshore online betting.
How to Play Mark Six Lotto?
As expected, any interested punter must first know how to buy a ticket for Mark Six before participating. Then, after acquiring it, they can learn the process of playing the game.
So, here's how it's done. Gamblers begin by selecting an entry type; the available options are:
A player's entry usually determines the next steps to follow. For instance, a single entry requires them to choose six numbers within a range of 1-49. However, they can pick seven or more numbers in the same scope if they create other entries, such as Multiple or Banker.
For example, when a punter makes a single entry, they pick six balls or numbers, and one more (the Bonus Ball) is drawn from the unpicked 43 balls; the seven make the winning combination. If they mirror those drawn in the lottery, the gambler secures the jackpot.
Some punters don't know how to play Mark Six online, but they shouldn't worry about it because the procedure is the same as explained above. There's another requirement, though; one must register a betting account with the HKJC to wager on the lottery.
o do so, they'll need to go to one of the institution's off-course betting branches with their identification card, an ATM for their Hong Kong current or savings account, and a HK$100 deposit.
What Are the Odds of Winning Mark Six?
Bettors always want to know their chances of being rewarded whenever they play Mark Six. Well, this lottery has seven prize tiers, and the odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 13,983,816. On the other hand, the probability of bagging the prizes in other divisions is 1 in 54.
Mark Six features a minimum jackpot of HK$8 million, but winners have received way more in this lotto's history, thanks to Snowball draws. For instance, a punter won HK$86.8 million in September 2017, and another was awarded HK$ 164.49 million in the same month in 2014.
Payout Options if a Player Wins Mark Six
The Hong Kong Jockey Club has made it quite easy for Mark Six winners to receive their payouts. So, if one made their entry online, the jackpot is paid directly into their gambling account; they can withdraw it at their convenience as long as they've been verified.
- Unverified betting accounts can only initiate payouts after their owners have presented proof of their identification cards and address.
- Mark Six winners who bought their tickets offline should go to an HKJC off-course betting branch near them to collect their prizes. Notably, they have to do this within 60 days of their win.
- Mark Six jackpots are only paid out as one-time large sums and are untaxed.
What If the Winner Is a Foreigner?
If a jackpot winner is based outside Hong Kong, they can still claim their prize. Those who bought their tickets while in the region can hire the services of an authorized lottery agent to claim their prizes. Of course, those who play the game online have an easier time since the money is deposited into their verified betting accounts.
Foreign Mark Six winners must familiarize themselves with their country's local laws to know if their winnings are taxed or not.
Tips and Tricks to Play Mark Six
- There's no surefire way of winning Mark Six because, like all other online lotteries, its winners are random. Nevertheless, players ready to take the risk and bet on it can at least arm themselves with several tricks to savor smooth betting experiences.
- So, the first thing a Mark Six participant should do is master the game. Sure, it's super easy to play! But it's also unique, meaning its rules aren't similar to those of other options. For example, if a gambler doesn't know what's expected of them, it's pointless to purchase a ticket because even with it, their chances of winning are nil.
- Something else Mark Six online bettors can do to have a great time playing the game is leverage prediction tools to generate numbers likely to win in the next draw. Typically, this software observes patterns, such as the numbers that always appear in all winning combinations, to come up with cold and hot numbers. The latter are those whose probability of being drawn is high.
- Digging deeper into Mark Six is also a valuable tip for bettors, even if they know how to play it. This gives them insight into critical things such as the type of entries they can make, what to do if they win, and how often they can wager on the lottery.
About the author
Isabella Garcia, fondly known as 'Lucky Lotti' at LottoRanker, combines her South American flair with deep expertise in global lotteries. From the sun-drenched beaches of Rio, Isabella decodes the intricacies of lotteries, bringing players the best tips and tricks.